Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Cheap Tricks Series 2 : Flower Vase.

This is part of my Super Sunday Series on Instagram! 
Btw, have you guys checked out the feed yet?! 
Please do take a look, my handle is @rubieehdesigns ☺

Let me tell you about my Super Sunday Series.
So I have decided to make my Sundays super by doing upcycling projects.
 By doing some DIYs, recycling or repairing etc.
And for my very first project, I have this very beautiful wine bottles,
collected over the past year. 

Flower Vase
All waiting in line to get a make-over! 




                             I have been postponing on working on it ( am guilty of procrastinating a                                                             lot my work ☺️🌝)    for a long time.
                                                 But then, last Sunday seemed ideal to do
                      something about it. And here goes my first attempt, my first upcycled piece. 

I had a poll on Instagram asking you guys what to do with these bottles and almost everyone wanted it to be painted!


so Bottle No.1 
is here- 




Flower Vase.
Step 1: Paint the entire bottle with a white base. 

 Even though it was just a wine bottle the makers definitely took great care in designing the bottle, What I loved about this bottle was the beautiful embossed designs on it. Not only is the shape interesting but also the design on it- A big Thumbs up to them :-) 
And I wanted that embossed design to come out in however I decide to paint it.
So started off with a white base, white is always good and lately have taken fancy to it :-) 
Chances are you might find a lot of my work with a white base or background 😀


Flower Vase.
First coat of paint. Getting ready for a makeover! 



                            Once the base was painted I highlighted the flower pattern on
the embossed bottle and
give it a mosaic-like look of water around it and more of a water paint kind off effect than solid colors.

and 


~tadaaaa ~ 

 Flower Vase.
The blue and green, I just love ❤❤



 Flower Vase.
Wine Bottle converted into Flower Vase.





Flower Vase.
Wine Bottle converted into a Flower Vase.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cheap Trick III: Up cycled Laptop Screen!

Design 2 So I had these laptop screens lying around, since like age. Never threw them away cause I had been postponing doing so...